1 PURPOSE OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
1.1 We are Derma Med LTD (“We“, “Us“, or “Our“). We are a private limited company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under Company No 10884295 and have our registered office at Portman House, 2 Portman Street, London, United Kingdom, W1H 6DU.
1.2 This acceptable use policy (“Acceptable Use Policy“) sets out the terms which apply when you use or interact with our website at https://dermahub.com (“Website“), make contact with other users on our Website, link to our Website, or interact with our Website in any other way.
2 AGREEMENT TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
2.1 It is important that you read this Acceptable Use Policy together with any other applicable policy. Our terms and conditions https://dermahub.com/privacy-policy also apply to your use of our Website.
2.2 You agree that by accessing our Website you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by and abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not agree with all of its terms, please do not access our Website.
3 CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
3.1 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. We will alert you about any changes by updating the ‘Last updated’ date of this policy, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
3.2 Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
4 PROHIBITED USES
4.1 You may not use our Website:
– in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
– in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
– to defame, bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
– to send, knowingly receive, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
– to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
– to knowingly transmit any data, send any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
4.2 You also agree:
– not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website.
– not to interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of our Website;
– any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our Website; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
5 INTERACTIVE SERVICES
5.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation:
– Vimeo (vimeo.com)
– Chat rooms; and
– Community forums
5.2 Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
5.3 We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
5.4 Users under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Interactive Services.
5.5 Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
5.6 We do not store terrorist content.
6 CONTENT STANDARDS
6.1 The following content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (“Contribution“) as part of any Interactive Service or otherwise. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
6.2 A Contribution must:
– be accurate (where it states facts);
– be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
– comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
6.3 A Contribution must not:
– be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
– be defamatory, or intended to bully, harass, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
– promote sexually explicit material or violence;
– promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
– infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
– be likely to deceive any person;
– breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
– promote any illegal content or activity;
– be in contempt of court;
– be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
– impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
– give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case;
– advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
– contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites
7 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
7.1 The Website and its content is our intellectual property. You will not use or copy of intellectual property without our express permission. You are entitled to view our Website and to use its content for personal use under this Acceptable Use Policy.
7.2 DERMA MED and the DERMA MED logo are our trade marks. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
8.1 The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
8.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
9 TEXT AND DATA MINING
9.1 You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our Website or any services provided via, or in relation to, our Website. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
– any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the Website or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same; and
– any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
10 BREACH OF THIS POLICY
10.1 When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including:
– immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
– immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Website;
– issue of a warning to you;
– further legal action against you; and
– Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
10.2 We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy to the full extent provided for under applicable law.
11.1 The terms of this Acceptable Use Policy apply between you and us and cannot be transferred by you without our written consent. We may transfer our rights under this Acceptable Use Policy to an affiliate or to any third party acquiring the right to provide the Website from us.
11.2 Each paragraph of this Acceptable Use Policy separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
11.3 This Acceptable Use Policy and all matters arising out of or in connection to it (including disputes as to its validity, formation, breach, and enforceability) are governed by English law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Last updated October 2023